You need a lawyer that will protect your interests, explain the law in a clear and easy to understand way, and fight hard to obtain the best possible result. I am that lawyer. I pride myself on keeping up to date on the law, as well as staying in close contact with my clients. In short, I treat my clients the way I would want to be treated.
I graduated summa cum laude from UCF with a BS in Legal Studies (top 2% of my class), and Magna Cum Laude from law school (top 5% of my class.)
I understand all too well that divorce and family law issues are emotionally charged. Before becoming a lawyer, I personally experienced divorce and custody battles, and know first-hand the emotional and financial toll it can take. You need a lawyer that understands not only the law, but also the emotionally charged nature of family law cases, and the need to work within a budget. As a previously divorced parent of four children, I bring an extensive amount of knowledge regarding the issues that my clients are confronting or will confront.
In addition to family law cases, I also represent persons involved in automobile and motorcycle accidents. I have extensive experience handling personal injury claims. I worked as a Paralegal/Case Manager for over 20 years handling personal injury claims before I became a lawyer. I work very closely with my clients to monitor their medical care and treatment and to provide personal service to them through every phase of their personal injury claim.
Having personally sustained injuries from an automobile accident, I understand the pain and frustration my clients are experiencing and take the time to hear and act on their concerns.
All personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis which means the client does not pay anything upfront. My fee is paid from the monies obtained on the client’s behalf. If no recovery is made, then no fee is owed.
Although no lawyer can ever guarantee you a certain result, I can guarantee that I will work hard on your behalf — I will fight to protect your rights, and promote your interests, as well as be available to answer your questions. If you have a family law or personal injury case, please call (352) 720-3658 to schedule a consultation or feel free to email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida
- Juris Doctor magna cum laude
- Honors: Top 5%
- University of Central Florida
- B.S. summa cum laude
- Major: Legal Studies
- Honors: Top 2%
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Past Coach (Gymnastics) Seminole County Special Olympics
- Past Student Advisory Council (SAC) for Seminole County Florida Public Schools
- Past Parent Presenter – Building Family Strengths, State of Florida
- Past Co-Chair, Fund Raiser – Morning Star School, Orlando, FL
Past Employment Positions
- Allen, Miller & Diaz, P.A., Managing Partner, 2015 – 2017
- Brett M. Bressler, P.A. , Case Manager, 2005 – 2011
- Morgan & Morgan, P.A., Case Manager, 2005
- Law Office of Cally Catania, P.A., Litigation Coordinator, 2003 – 2004
- Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, Office Administrator/Legal Assistant, 1992 – 2002
Barry Univesity – Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
- Family Law
- Florida Civil Practice
- Professional Responsibility
- Property I
- Criminal Procedure
- Motions & Depositions
- Real Estate Transactions
- Bar Essay Writing
- Bar Law Survey (MBE study)